Imran Khan- the Prime Minister of Pakistan has approved the establishment of “National Development Council” (NDC) which is consisted of thirteen members including General Qamar Javed Bajwa– the Chief of Army Staff.
The notification of the Cabinet Division in this regards was issued on Tuesday which says that Shah Mehmood Qureshi– the Foreign Minister, Khusro Bakhtiar- Minister for Planning and Development, Dr. Abdul Hafiz Sheikh- the Financial Advisor, and the secretaries of the Prime Minister will also be the part of the NDC
and it will be headed by Mr. Prime Minister.
The list below mentions all the included member along with the chairman of the “National Development Council” (NDC).
1) Prime Minister – Chairman
2) Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs
3) Federal Minister for Finance/Adviser to the Prime Minister on Finance
4) Federal Minister for Planning, Development & Reform
5) Federal Minister for Commerce/Adviser to the Prime Minister on Commerce, Industries & Production and Investment
6) Chief of Army Staff
7) Provincial Chief Ministers, Prime Minister of AJ&K and Chief Minister Gilgit-Baltistan (on invitation)
8) Any additional Minister/Head of Strategic Body (on invitation)
9) Secretary to the Prime Minister
10) Secretary, Foreign Affairs Division
11) Secretary, Finance Division
12) Secretary, Planning, Development & Reforms Division
13) Additional Secretary, Prime Minister‘s Office
The purpose of this NDC is to set new policies and strategies for the economic development of the countries and to give directions for the regional cooperation, and the measures for the local coordination.
Moreover, the council will also invite the provincial Chief Ministers to attend the important meetings of the council.
The reports have also informed that the council will assign different tasks its members to get rapid growth in the economy of the country and the long-term planning for the National and Regional connectivity will also be approved by the council.